Glucerna 1.5 Cal is Complete, Balanced Nutrition® For People With Diabetes
Glucerna 1.5 Cal is a calorically-dense formula with a unique carbohydrate blend for enhanced glycemic control.
Glucerna 1.5 Cal features:
- Provides patients with diabetes a calorically-dense formula specifically designed to help manage blood glucose levels and assist with wound healing by providing key levels of calories, protein, vitamins and minerals.
- Contains a unique slowly-digested carbohydrate blend clinically shown to blunt postprandial glycemic response and provide better glucose stability than a standard 1.2 Cal/mL formula, and thus improve blood glucose control.
- 1.5 Cal/mL to meet caloric needs with less volume.
- 22% of calories from protein promotes anabolism and support wound healing.
- Macronutrient distribution: 45% fat, 22% protein, and 33% carbohydrate.
- Includes 10 g/L of NutraFlora scFOS (2.4 g/8 fl.oz).
- Provides plant based omega-3 fatty acids from canola oil (3 g of ALA per 1500 calories) to support circulatory health. This level meets American Heart Association recommendations to support heart health.
- 1500 Cal provides at least 100% of the RDIs for 24 key vitamins and minerals.
- Supplemented with conditionally-essential nutrients carnitine and taurine.
- Gluten- and lactose-free. Kosher.
- For patients with type 1 or type 2 diabetes.
*This product is a medical food and should only be used as directed by a health care provider.
- For patients with impaired glucose tolerance resulting from metabolic stress, such as illness, trauma, and infection.
- For tube or oral feeding.
- For supplemental or sole-source nutrition.
- For use under medical supervision.
- Not for parenteral use.