Specialized Nutrition with Fiber for Impaired Glucose Tolerance.
Glucerna 1.0 Cal is a reduced-carbohydrate, modified-fat, fiber-containing formula clinically shown to blunt blood-glucose response in patients with abnormal glucose tolerance. Glucerna provides only 34.3% of total calories as carbohydrate. This helps minimize glycemic response. The formulation includes soy fiber to help maintain normal bowel function.
Glucerna 1.0 Cal Features:
- Fat blend high in monounsaturated fatty acids.
- Consistent with American Diabetes Association recommendations favoring monounsaturated fats to help improve lipid profiles.
- Meets or exceeds 100% of RDIs for 24 key vitamins and minerals in 1420 Cal (1420 mL).
- Lactose free.
- Gluten free.
- For patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- For patients with abnormal glucose tolerance resulting from metabolic stress, such as illness, trauma, and infection.
- For supplemental or total nutrition.
- For tube feeding.
- 8-fl-oz cans with mild vanilla flavor can be used orally as well as for tube feeding.
- Not for parenteral use.
- Use under medical supervision.